Director of Research at CNRS
Head of climate modelling at LSCE (4 teams)
- Paleoclimate Modelling (with focus on the glacial climates and abrupt events)
- Atmospheric Circulation and short-term variability (storm-tracks, weather regimes) under conditions different from today (using General Circulation Models)
- Cryosphere-Climate Interactions (using CLIMBER-2, a climate model of intermediate complexity, coupled to ice-sheet models for the northern and southern ice-sheets and developing a version of the IPSL ESM including the Greenland ice-sheet).
- Comparisons between model results and paleoclimatic reconstructions
- Comparisons between simulated past and future climate changes
- Braconnot, P., S. P. Harrison, M. Kageyama, P. J. Bartlein, V. Masson-Delmotte, A. Abe-Ouchi, B. Otto-Bliesner and Y. Zhao, 2012. Evaluation of climate models using palaeoclimatic data, Nature Climate Change, DOI: 10.1038/NCLIMATE1456
- Kageyama, M., P. Braconnot, L. Bopp, A. Caubel, M.-A. Foujols, E. Guilyardi, M. Khodri, J. Lloyd, F. Lombard, V. Mariotti, O. Marti, T. Roy, M.-N. Woillez, 2013. Mid-Holocene and Last Glacial Maximum climate simulations with the IPSL model. Part I: comparing IPSL_CM5A to IPSL_CM4. Climate Dynamics, 40, 2447-2468
- Schmidt, G.A., J. D. Annan, P. J. Bartlein, B. I. Cook, E. Guilyardi, J. C. Hargreaves, S. P. Harrison, M. Kageyama, A. N. LeGrande, B. Konecky, S. Lovejoy, M. E. Mann, V. Masson-Delmotte, C. Risi, D. Thompson, A. Timmermann, L.-B. Tremblay and P. Yiou, 2014. Using paleo-climate comparisons to constrain future projections in CMIP5, Climate of the Past, 10, 221-250
- LGM model-data comparison, including proxy modelling
- Woillez, M.-N., M. Kageyama, G. Krinner, N. de Noblet-Ducoudré, N. Viovy,and M. Mancip, 2011. Impact of CO2 and climate on the Last Glacial Maximum vegetation, Climate of the Past, 7, 557-577
- Kageyama, M., P. Braconnot, L. Bopp, V. Mariotti, T. Roy, M.-N. Woillez, A. Caubel, M.-A. Foujols, E. Guilyardi, M. Khodri, J. Lloyd, F. Lombard, O. Marti, 2013. Mid-Holocene and Last Glacial Maximum climate simulations with the IPSL model. Part II: model-data comparisons. Climate Dynamics, 40, 2469-2495, doi:10.1007/s00382-012-1499-5
- Kageyama, M., U. Merkel, B. Otto-Bliesner, M. Prange, A. Abe-Ouchi, G. Lohmann, D. M. Roche, J. Singarayer, D. Swingedouw and X. Zhang, 2013. Climatic impacts of fresh water hosing under Last Glacial Maximum conditions: a multi-model study. Climate of the Past, 9, 935-953.
Regional modelling and applications
- Sima, A., M. Kageyama, D.-D. Rousseau, G. Ramstein, Y. Balkanski, P. Antoine, C. Hatté, 2013. Modeling dust emission response to North Atlantic millennial-scale climate variations from the perspective of East European MIS 3 loess deposits, Climate of the Past, 9, 1385-1402, 10.5194/cp-9-1385-2013
- Banks, W. E., F. d’Errico, A. T. Peterson, M. Kageyama, A. Sima, M.-F. Sanchez-Goñi, 2008. Neanderthal extinction by competitive exclusion, PLoS ONE 3(12): e3972. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0003972.
Atmospheric circulations and paleoclimates
- Rivière, G., A. Laîné, G. Lapeyre, D. Salas-Mélia, M. Kageyama, 2010. Links between Rossby wave breaking and the North Atlantic Oscillation – Arctic Oscillation in present-day and Last Glacial Maximum climate simulations. Journal of Climate, 23, 2987-3008
- Pausata, F. S. R., C. Li, J. J. Wettstein, M. Kageyama and K. H. Nisancioglu, 2011. The key role of topography in altering North Atlantic atmospheric circulation during the last glacial period. Climate of the Past, 7, 1089-1101
Full publication list