We are looking for a
Scientific project officer, European environmental research infrastructures
The Laboratory for Sciences of Climate and the Environment (LSCE) is looking for a qualified and motivated scientific project officer to support its activities in the context of European research infrastructures (RI) cluster ENVRIplus (http://www.envriplus.eu).
LSCE is a joint research unit of the French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), CNRS and UVSQ. Its 300 staff is dedicated to measurement and modelling of climate change and greenhouse gas (GHG) fluxes. LSCE has strategic responsibilities in the Integrated Carbon Observing System (ICOS, www.icos-ri.eu), a RI dedicated to measuring in situ fluxes of GHG between the atmosphere, land and the ocean. These include hosting and operating the ICOS Atmospheric Thematic Center (ATC, http://icos-atc.lsce.ipsl.fr), and operating the large French network of ICOS atmospheric GHG measurement sites. Through ICOS, LSCE is also involved in ENVRIplus, a large, interdisciplinary European project dedicated to clustering Environmental RIs including ICOS and marine, solid Earth, ecosystem and atmospheric RIs. In ENVRIplus, LSCE is responsible for leading the so-called Technology theme, supervising all aspects related to measurement technology. The successful applicant will support and engage with the strategic operations of ICOS and ENVRIplus at LSCE.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Support the ENVRI+ Technology theme coordination: project management, tracking scientific progress and deliverables, reporting on teleconferences, assisting with the scientific reporting;
- Support the liaison to industry activity, including the creation of an industry network for research infrastructures and contribute to the preparation of an innovation roadmap for the procurement needs of RIs
- Support the Metrology liaison activity in ENVRI+ : engage in the discussion between RIs and National Metrological Institutes, support the preparation of the deliverable
- Support to international, cross-disciplinary field campaign preparation within ENVRIplus
- is responsible for the execution of the CEA budget in ENVRIplus
- Contribute to the management of other ENVRIplus-related projects at LSCE
- Scout funding opportunities in H2020 and other sources
- Support the recruitment process of engineers at LSCE in the context of ENVRIPlus/ICOS
- Scientific or engineering background related to environmental/Earth sciences, experience with project management
- Very good written and oral English skills. French language would be an asset.
- Well organized, solution-oriented,
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team, as well as working in a European context.
- A limited amount of travel in Europe is expected
Salary: Salary grid depending on academic level and experience.
To apply send CV and cover letter to Jean-Daniel Paris, email@example.com.
3422 (4 Ko)
J. Paris, dépêche du 23/03/2017